Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.1/W2K: Restoring backup's on a new server

marcjone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am having a problem moving the database from an old CiscoWorks server to a new server.

Both servers are running LMS 2.1 on W2K (SP3) with IDU 9 for RME and IDU 3 for Campus Manager and CMF

When I try to restore the backup on my new server I get the following error:

<snip>

c:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin\perl CSCOpx\bin\restorebackup.pl -force -d c:\new\bkps

Error (619): Could not delete value for ani_temp in ODBC Data Sources Key ... Retore cancelled

<snip>

The only issue which I saw leading up to this failure was that I was unable to copy to a couple of files from the old server as I got 'Access Denied - Source file in use' error - this happened on the following files:

\bkps\0\cmf\ani.tmpl

\bkps\0\cmf\cmf.tmpl

\bkps\0\rme\rme.tmpl

The problem is that no matter what I tried (permissions etc) I was unable to copy these files over

Can anyone advise whether these files are indeed essential for the backup, or, whether there is something else which I need to do to get this restore to work

Many thanks in advance for any help

Marcus

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

If any service which is running on the old server needs those files then it gives the error as the file is being used. You may try to shut down all the services on the old server before copying. Hope you have completely stopped all the services and then tried copying.

Thank Pradeep

I think that we just used the 'backup data now' feature which I am assuming would have stopped the daemons, before copying the files to a backup directory i.e. which didn't need to use the files ...

Anyways, we couldn't get it to work, so we just did an inventory import using .csv file which was a reasonable work-around for us

Cheers

Marcus

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card