cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor A Router

cootr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I'm setting up a demonstration of network traffic flow using a number of computers, two switches and a router. By running a packet sniffer on all computers I am showing where the traffic flows as it goes through the network. For both switches, I set it to forward a copy of all traffic to a port, which I then used for the switch monitor. Now I am looking for a way to show all traffic going through or to the router. Is there an option to have the router forward a copy of everything to a certain IP address? At the moment I have the console on the screen and have turned on debugging. This is showing some things - for example a ping to one of the routers interfaces - but it does not cover everything. If you have any tips or know of a way to make this happen, please send them my way. Thanks

1 Reply 1

tbaranski
Level 4
Level 4

The only way I'm aware of to do this is via the IP Export feature, which is only available in very recent T-Train IOS versions (as of 12.3(4)T): http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801d1cab.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card