Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

More DECnet woes

Hi,

Following a message I posted a few weeks ago i finally managed to get the DEC routing to work OK between the 2 routers over our frame link!! (thank God and all who gave me some advice)...however....the 2 clusters still do not "talk" using DECnet.

I need someones advice, if I use the ping decnet 1.X (where X is the remote vax address) and i get a response, does this mean that the DEC protocol is enabled??

I can also use the show decnet traffic and I can see that Hello packets are being exchanged (see below)

Total: 120860 received, 0 format errors, 0 unimplemented

0 not a gateway, 0 no memory, 0 no routing vector

7 non-empty queue encountered

Hellos: 62350 received, 0 bad, 0 other area, 62383 sent

Level 1 routing: 58495 received, 0 bad, 0 other area, 58497 sent

Level 2 routing: 0 received, 0 not primary router, 2 sent

Data: 20 received, 0 not long format, 0 too many visits

5 forwarded, 0 returned, 0 converted, 15 local destination

0 access control failed, 0 no route, 1 encapsulation failed

0 inactive network, 0 incomplete map

Im wondering if its a host configuration problem or there is a Dec switch in the network between the two, could this affect the routing??

So, Id like to know...

1 ) Have I enabled DEC correctly??

2 ) Any ideas!!!??

Thanks very much guys...

1 Reply 1

alclotto
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, The easiest way to know if Decnet is running is to "show system" and see if NETACP is running and if you are running LAT it is LATACP. Another quick test

is to "set hosts" to the remote host..Set Host goes over the Decnet transport. Make sure your NCP database is populated with know Decnet hosts on your network by running "MC NCP" and then type in "Show known nodes" and see if the guy is there..If not, you will have to add him in the database..Each Decnet node must know each other to create a virtual

circuit. Also, make sure your circuit stat is on in NCP.

Hope this helps you out..

you can e-mail me @ tgal@alc.ca, if I could be of further assistants