cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multiple ports vlan trunking

pierre.cropeau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I recently purchased a 3560 switch and I am relatively new with VLANs.

What I need to do is quite simple:

I need multiple fastethernet ports into multiple VLANs on a single switch. For that, I need to trunk these ports but nothing seems to work properly.

I created multiple VLANs (vlan 100, 200 and 300), but by default each VLAN can see each other (my allowed vlan list is set to ALL on each port).

When I setup the restrictions of that allowed vlan list, the problem is each port see each other. Example: Port 0/22 is set allowed vlan 100,200 .. but that port still can see vlan 300. I configured Native VLAN on VLAN50 (empty VLAN) for each port on the switch.

I tried on a 3560 and a 2950, but exactly the same problem occurs.

The problem is really basic but I'm on it since 1 week. Is there anyone who could help me please?

3 Replies 3

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Check below link for detail configuration & information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800d84be.html

If you want to remove the vlan from the trunk, you can simply use below command :

switchport trunk allowed vlan remove 300

Hope this helps.

It may be good, if you share the Configuration that you have done in the Switch.

It seems to be a configuration issue.

gmaccisco1
Level 1
Level 1

You need to create your VLANs under the vlan database on L3 switches otherwise you ran into the problem you atre experiencing.

Hope this help as your posting may not be new, so it is too late responding please forgive me.

if this helps pls rate!

Masood