Views
Helpful
Replies

NBAR SNMp support on 2621 router

akocelj
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sirs,

I have configured NBAR on on of the router, to see what kind of traffic is going through the router.

I have enabled ip nbar protocol-discovery on outside interface. When I initiate sh ip nbar protocol-discovery I can see that router is collecting information about ip traffic and protocols.

I would like to take this collected information through SNMP. I have found that router must support CISCO-NBAR-PROTOCOL-DISCOVERY-MIB.my. I have found that this is was introduced in version 12.2.15T software. To access NBAR information through you must use OID NBAR tree .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.244.

When I initiate snmpwalk on 3745 it gives me the NBAR options but when I initiate the same on 2621 router it returns me that this OID is not available.

2621 IOS version - 12.3.10

3745 IOS version - 12.3

Can some one tell me in which IOS version for 2621 router is NBAR available through SNMP?

Best regards,

Aleksander Kocelj

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Use CCO MIB Locator Tool (cisco.com/go/mibs) to verify first whether the IOS image on 2621 supports the NBAR MIB or not. If it is not present in this image, then you won't get any data via SNMP either.

I have checked the IOS befor. I used this tool.

I found out that my image supports certain MIB.

Best regards,

Aleksander Kocelj