Views
Helpful
Replies

NetFlow and NetScout

alaa.musa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All:

I enabled netflow at one of my WAN interfaces , and i add this router as probe , can i use Netscout ngenius real time monitor to collect the data form netflow command if yes how can i do that.

regards

Alaa Musa

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

See the section 'Enabling the NetFlow Monitor Option' at:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/fam_prod/netscout/rel_1_4/7814182.htm#xtocid23 for the details. But you may need a NAM/Probe to get this data.

habibd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I dont think you can add router as a probe.

This feature was only for some 2500 and 5800, and for some specific version only.

Thanks,

Habib u Dashti

jcameron
Level 1
Level 1

You can use a NetScout probe as a Netflow collector and with nGenius you can get some fairly usefull data from it. The probe setup depends on the software version on your netscout probe. On older probes you needed to enable the NetFlow license on the probe and on newer models, you just enable the feature. It' hidden in one of those menu's. After you enable the feature there are a few parameters you might need to set in the command line interface. interface speed and netflow port(udp port number). After you configure all the parameters and restart the probe you need to rediscover it and you will notice interface 50, this is where the netflow data will be. The you enable netflow export V5 on your router and point it at the probe on the port you set previously.