cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netscout and Netflow

russ.laplante
Level 1
Level 1

It appears from documentation thatI have been reading thatit is possible to use Netscout software to manipulate Netflow data? I have not had muc luck figuring out how to actually make this work.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Russ

6 Replies 6

lisa.hall
Level 2
Level 2

What specifically are you trying to manipulate?

k.poplitz
Level 3
Level 3

Depending on what version of IOS you are running:

"tsLineUser" "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.9.2.1.18"

"cpmActiveUserID" "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.19.1.3.1.1.3"

Cisco TAC can help you with this.

I am also in agreat need to mainuplate the netflow using netscout.

I have a big network which contains hundreds of CISCO Routers and Multilayer switches. I have netscout probes and nGenius Performance Manager 4.7.

I want to export the netflow files as csv files or any other formats.

Please anyone knows how to do that using the nGenius Performance Manager GUI or any other way, just tell me.

Thanks a lot.

Hello Mustafa Abdel Hady,

The free version of Scrutinizer will export data in CSV format however, it is limited to the current day unless the commercial version is purchased.

Sincerely,

Jake Wilson

www.plixer.com

Jake:

Is Scrutinizer going to export the raw Netflow data or is it looking into the NetScout DB for this information and parsing the reports?

I think it's also important to know what version of Netflow is being discussed here.

Scrutinizer will export the raw NetFlow for either ingress or egress on an interface for any version of NetFlow, sFlow or IPFIX.  It does this from it's own databased not NetScout, but maybe we should consider a partnership with them? 

Toggle between Bidirectional (inBound) or outBound and then click on "View Raw Flows" to get all of the raw flow information (i.e. everything) exported by the router or switch. At 1 minute intervals, the Raw Flows are 100% unaggregated.

Jake