cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem importing and adding devices to RME

intertechusa
Level 1
Level 1

No matter what way I add devices (import with CSV/DIF or manually), every device ends up not responding with the following error...

"Could not commit groups and annotations"

I moved my CW VMS to a new box and know that the devices are responding ok to the original CW VMS. Something is going on on the new server. Before adding any devices I installed the CW VMS update 1 (which I didn't install on the old box).

Does anyone have any experiences with this problem?

Thanks,

Darrick

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Is this for RME 3.5?. If so, then have a look at: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCin56596

matches exactly with your description.

Thanks. Yes that is my problem. However, when I tried the reinitialize I lost all what I had imported. I imported again and half of the devices are giving me the same error and none of the devices show up in the inventory. When I click on the link for the List Managed Devices no entries are found.

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct syntax for reinitializing (dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rme dmprefix=npwd) I tried without the dmprefix and it would not take. When the script ran with the syntax above, it complained that rme already existed but was initaialized, so I'm not sure if I did it correctly or not.

Thanks

l.petersen
Level 1
Level 1

I'm experiencing the same thing with my new installation of RME 3.5

"could not commit groups and annotations"

I have an open ticket with Cisco. I will post the results when it is resolved.

patrsup
Level 1
Level 1

there is another fix out there - Patch id# CSCin56596-1.

I had to ask for it from the TAC

its a perl script which fixes the problem

hope this fixes yours also

pat

I have the same problem. When I re-initialise I cannot add any devices (they stay unresponding) and the device list remains empty.

I have searched for CSCin56596-1 (note the -1) and cannot find any reference. Is the perl script you mention something other than dbrestoreorig.ol?

I had the same issue, but all my devices showed as Managed. The problem was with duplicate devices showing as Not Responding or Pending. I was able to Suspend, then delete all duplicate devices and the Managed devices were accessable through CiscoWorks.