cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with TFTP on CiscoWorks 2000 installed on Windows 2000

reuter
Level 1
Level 1

I have CiscoWorks 2000 running on Windows 2000 Professional OS. Now we face a problem when trying to add images in the Library under Software Managemnt in RME.

When we add an image from a device we get an error." Error Information Code:4003 - System error:TFTP directory unknown. Recommended action: Verify TFTP entry in inetd.conf file"

Now i don't have this inetd.conf file existing under C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\tftpboot. What could be the reason. Does this file need to be manually created with the required entry for TFTP and stored in this location?

Even when i run a connectivity test from Cisco Works Server Configuration->Diagnostics->Connectivity TOols->Management station to device , the connectivity test fails for TFTP.

Note: RME version running is 3.3

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

Try these steps to debug and verify :

A. Go to RME-->Admin-->Software Mgt-->Edit Pref. and turn on debugging.

B. Perform another upgrade.

* Remember to turn off debugging after the upgrade. Leaving it on will impact performance.

C. Once upgrade fails, go to RME-->Software Mgt-->Job Mgt-->Mail or Copy Log File.

1. Click 'Select All' & 'Next'.

2. On the Verify Selection Page, click 'Next'

3. Check the Copy Log file for info.

Hi,

I followed the steps which you had given. so now I am getting two log files on it. I have attached those two. please have a look.

keen to see your response

Thank You