cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Purging or Re-initializing CiscoWorks Databases

paul.kyte
Level 1
Level 1

I am wanting to purge data from the various databases CW2000 has. These are the ANI/Campus Manager, RME and DFM Inventory.

Does anyone know how this is achieved ?

Essentially I want to delete the devices and information from each area seperately, starting with DFM.

I have had CW2000 installed for some time now and have discovered and managed devices within each of the modules. However I am now conducted a "clean up" operation and want to start again with empty databases.

I would like to purge the DFM database and then manually add some devices. This will allow me to focus this product better and keep it manageable.

I will then like to purge the RME database and the ANI database. I will then rediscover, with good DNS/Host files and names, and start managing again.

I currently have the exchange of devices between ANI, RME and DFM disabled.

Thanks for you help

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

To reinit the Campus Manager database, you can use the reinitdb.pl CLI command. RME db reinit steps is listed at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008017b33e.html#65898

For DFM, delete the file ./CSCOpx/objects/smarts/repos/icf/dfm.rps, do a dmgtd stop/start and then launch DFM again which will rebuild the DFM db again

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

To reinit the Campus Manager database, you can use the reinitdb.pl CLI command. RME db reinit steps is listed at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008017b33e.html#65898

For DFM, delete the file ./CSCOpx/objects/smarts/repos/icf/dfm.rps, do a dmgtd stop/start and then launch DFM again which will rebuild the DFM db again

Thanks for the reply it was spot on.

I had found the other two re-inits for Campus Manager and RME whilst waiting for a reply but could not find the DFM anywhere.

Excellent stuff the delete of dfm.rps cleared out the DFM data. I now have a clean plate to start working with.

Many thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card