cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS over IRB

jmooremdgi
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with classifying traffic for voice. I am trying to use LLQ over WAN links that are utilizing IRB. All traffic is being classified in the default class. No traffic is being classified in the VOICE-CLASS.

Here is a copy of the QOS configuration:

Class-map match-any VOICE-CLASS

Match access-group name VOICE

policy-map VOICE-POLICY

class VOICE-CLASS

priority 600

class class-default

fair-queue

interface serial 0/0

no ip address

ip pim dense-mode

service-policy output VOICE-POLICY

no ip mroute-cache

bridge-group 1

ip access-list extended VOICE

permit ip any 10.41.0.0 0.0.255.255

permit ip any 10.28.0.0 0.0.255.255

Thank you in advance for any help.

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

First thing to look at is whether your access-list is configured correct or not. Verify your access-list and see if the voice traffic definitely goes to 41 and 28 subnets..

If any voice traffic is there it should show up according to your access-list, but your access-lists for Voice class is not really specific. If any data traffic goes to these subnets it will also get prioritized. Voice (Cisco voice) uses UDP ports 16384 through 32767, so you might want to specify that in your ACL. Also depending on what protocol is used for signalling, MGCP, H323, SIP etc you will need to match the call control traffic and reserver some bandwidth (this is optional) for them.

This will make it look more efficient.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

The 41 and 28 networks are IP phones only. I figured any traffic bound for those subnets are voice and should get priority.

As far as the ACL, I placed it on the f0/1.41 interface and it does match the traffic. Unless I am missing something, the traffic passing through the serial should be seen the same way.

As far as the voice platform, they are using Nortel. Given time, I may get the client to move to the light, but I have to do with what is available.

It is nice when something that should be simple has you scratching your head. That is where I am at with this one.

Can you paste relevant portions of your wan side config ? Is it a BVI on a frame-relay type interface ? I have seen some issues with configuring CBWFQ on BVI interfaces which are part of frame-relay serial interface (multipoint subinterface)..If yes you might have to put the service-policy on a frame-relay class map and then apply the class to the FR DLCI.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

No FR.

I think this should have everything relevent.

BTW, thanks for looking at this...been banging my head all weekend. As you can see in the ACL, I am looking for IP, TCP and UDP...anything that may get classified, but no go.

Is there a way to add a service-policy to a bridge-group? May be reaching...

ip cef

!

ip multicast-routing

call rsvp-sync

!

class-map match-any VOICE-CLASS

match ip dscp ef

match access-group name VOICE

!

!

policy-map VOICE-POLICY

class VOICE-CLASS