Views
Helpful
Replies

Router + Server for VOIP

GuillaumeSIMON
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I would setup a server with a router which can handle VOIP calls, up to 100Call/2secondes.

What kind of equipment do i need ?

What price range ?

Thanks

(I'm French, please, excuse me for my poor English ! )

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

There are a lot of things that you need to be aware of before you request for a product/solution recommendation:

>> How many IP phones would be registered with the server ( CUCM ) ? If it is just a couple of hundred and is a single site solution then you may go for a BE6000 solution or a high end CME router. If this is a solution with a few hundred phones/users then you need to look at a full fledged CUCM solution ( specs based or BE6000M/H ) so that you have options of redundancy/failover , scalability etc.

>> Check if you are using a Contact center based solution ( like UCCX or any other third party solution )

>> Check if you will have Video calling capabilities ( need to choose IP phones / softphones accordingly ) and also allocate the bandwidth accordingly

>> Check if you will require audio and video conferencing and if you have the required DSP's or a Video conferencing solution like Cisco Meeting Server ( CMS )

>> It would be good if you check the Deployment Models available at the following link to get an insight on how to choose the correct deployment model

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/models.html

Once you have a good idea you should ideally sync up with your local Cisco SE or partner and ask for recommendations regarding the solution, pricing and related stuff.

HTH

Manish

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card