cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Ideas...

timbo
Level 1
Level 1

We are going to drop our ISP ( demon internet ) and take our office internet connection through our cage at the data-center. We currently use VPN ( microsoft ) connection to access our back Vlan of our website at the data center - any ideas on how im going to get access to the back VLAN + supply the office with a secure internet connection.

I dont want the office traffic going through the back vlan of the website .

I want to bypass the Websites Firewalls and use a separate pair for the Office.

I will need to use acces lists on the Router at the Cage ( datacenter ) to separate traffic ie: IT Developers and Users to access the Back Vlan.

Any Ideas????

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be too complex an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online http://www.cisco.com/go/solutions. You may also contact our product information line at 1-800-553-NETS or a Cisco Systems Engineer at your local Cisco office or reseller. To locate your local Cisco representative, visit http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/687/Directory.shtml

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

I don't think an access list would work for what you want here--you'll either need to solve it with routing, or you'll want to use policy routing.

Russ

jon.nunley
Level 4
Level 4

I assume you are going to use a telco line (t-1) from the datacenter for your connection to the internet/back VLAN. Why not configure this connection on a VLAN that is totally seperate from your secure site(back VLAN) and just use the same VPN software to reach the secure VLAN. Since you are just switching providers(basicaly doing it yourself) nothing will change with your ability to VPN into your backend.