cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sessions and users that a Router can support

adavila03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,  i´ve been searching for documents or data sheets to mention how many sessions or users a router can handle but i havent had success. Any one of you know where to find info related to this? I´m looking for a router to handle around 75000 connections with ethernet WAN connectivity. Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Those are not elements generally used to measure performance/capacity. Aggregate throughput is the most common.

If you can determine how much bandwidth a connection per user might need,  then  go from there. Just based on what

you have stated I would start poking around the ASR9000 to get a sense of high end wan aggregation.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Those are not elements generally used to measure performance/capacity. Aggregate throughput is the most common.

If you can determine how much bandwidth a connection per user might need,  then  go from there. Just based on what

you have stated I would start poking around the ASR9000 to get a sense of high end wan aggregation.

Thanks miller. I´ll take that into account.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: