cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack, VSS, StackWise Virtual, or none

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

I currently run a pair of 4500x in the core in a VSS configuration. I am replacing these with Cat9ks that support StackWise Virtual...I am curious to hear peoples take on stacking core switches or not? Obviously both have pros and cons. The pro for me is that I dont have to deal too much with STP when it comes to access layer switches with duel fiber runs connecting to each core. 

21 Replies 21

Doesn't anyone use GLBP anymore?! I always see active/active HSRP with Nexus or HSRP with non-Nexus.

Hello @Steven Williams ,

I have the same Lab that you installed on EVE-NG, and I want to Test VSS using 4K or 6K Switchs, Where can i find the EVE-NG Images for these Two Switchs ?

Thank you in advance.

Youssef

I have the same Lab that you installed on EVE-NG, and I want to Test VSS using 4K or 6K Switchs, Where can i find the EVE-NG Images for these Two Switchs ?

VSS you need Physical hardware.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

How can i Test another Protocol similar to VSS on EVE-NG and Which Switch Catalyst supported can i use to test this ?

NO, you  looking to test VSS or SVL - possible only Physical device to test.

BB

Run into your post when searching for options of testing VSS in EVE-NG, wonder if you actually tested VSS under EVE-NG and which image you used?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

VSS no longer availabe on virtual only Physical only

BB