Views
Helpful
Replies

Sticky mode in an interface should be added to the running-config

Mary Leon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everyone,

I'm playing around with Packet Tracer 7.3.1 and a switch 3560-24PS and sticky configuration.

I have a scenario where maximum allowed addresses is 2 and this is done by means of a hub.

One of them is configured manually with

(config-if)switchport port-security mac-address h.h.h.h.

The other one displays as dynamicConfigured with command #show switchport-security address

When I enable sticky in that interface, I expected my second dynamicConfigured address would be sticky and added to the running-config as the documentation states:

switchport port-security mac-address sticky interface configuration command. When you enter this command, the interface converts all the dynamic secure MAC addresses, including those that were dynamically learned before sticky learning was enabled, to sticky secure MAC addresses. All sticky secure MAC addresses are added to the running configuration.

But it's not added that dynamicConfigured  address. 

Does it have an explanation?

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Mary Leon 

You should be aware that Packet Tracer has limited IOS and limited functionality.
For this reason, some commands only do a part of what they should or even, there are commands that simply do not exist in PT.
For this, I suggest you try another simulator, like GNS3 or EVE.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Mary Leon 

You should be aware that Packet Tracer has limited IOS and limited functionality.
For this reason, some commands only do a part of what they should or even, there are commands that simply do not exist in PT.
For this, I suggest you try another simulator, like GNS3 or EVE.

Regards

hi @luis_cordova thanks for assisting on this question

@Mary Leon if you wish you can also consult your questions in Spanish at the Comunidad de Cisco