Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP III behavior on 5500's

j.mccartney
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Have a question that hope you might be able to help with. I upgraded to CATOS 5.5(20) from 5.5(19) on my 5500's recently and I had to replace one of the SUP III's w/NFFC-II's that went bad during the upgrade. The switches were running 5.5.(20) ok in simplex mode after the upgrade. When I replaced the bad SUP-III (which should have gone STBY)it took over control and dowloaded the IOS to 5.5(4)[the old CATOS]...

I thought that SUP III's were hot-swappable and would synch up from the primary SUP and not take over control. Any experiences like this?? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

As far as I know, the redudant SUP is hot swappable,and also you can use the ports on the redundant SUP. I am wondering how the image could be downgraded though.

That shcoked me to see it happen but it did, my company has an open TAC ticket but I was hoping toget some other feedback as well. This has happened to different sites in different cities so far. We are thinking there is some type of bug with Cat IOS 5.5(20), but still waiting on response. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card