cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch hard problem

omar_elmohri
Level 1
Level 1

I had a problem with a switch on my network..the problem that is boot normally when i start it, but no switching function, and no ping between client unless the ports work well!!

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Do revert back the type of switch which you are using and also usually all the equipments takes time for initialization,power on self test,loading the bootstrap process,loading the ios code and the configuration.

once it pass thru all these stages it starts functioning as u desire to do so.

you can very well monitor all these process by getting onto the console port of the switch which will give you a fair idea about how the systems gets onto active mode.

if you face some issues after normal bootup process you can very well check the configuration part if its already done and verify the same for possible causes.

Again if the ports are in shut state u can very well enable them off using no shut command udner the interface config mode..

if possible do post out the startup process and the show run of your switch captured from the console..

regds

Thank you! but my problem that the switch is not manifactured by Cisco, and I can't access the console port because it uses only a parallele port...and the switch uses it's default configuration. It's worked before perfectelly, next I don't know what happens!!

Hi

As already suggested do post out the model and make to get more replies.

hopefully someone or the other (netpros) here may help u out,coz they would have tried their hand in that :-).

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: