cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TFTP above 32MB

alaquiante
Level 1
Level 1

I am running C6K in native mode resulting in an image size well above 32 MB. FTP transer works great but I would still like to use TFTP (customer). With a block-size of more than 512 Byte, e.g. 1500 Byte, it should work. I observed that the IOS (12.2(18)SXD3 uses 512 without an attempt to negotiate the block size. When reaching the highest 16-Bit value the IOS wraps the block-number to 0. An ack by the tftp-server for this block is ignored and the IOS retransmits this block again and again...

Is there a way to turn on block-size negotiation or how can I make this work,

thanks in advance, Andy

5 Replies 5

Hi Milan,

thanks but I used the tftp mentioned and indeed the deamon returns an ack for block 0 (after block 65535). The issue is (from my point of view) rather the IOS.

Andy

We have no problem using tftp to transfer these 48 meg Sup 720 images they are using now . Is your tftp server on windows or a unix box ? Maybe it's a Windows restriction . All our files are stored on a unix box and we tftp from their without a problem .

Hi Glen,

I am running a windows (2000 prof.) and the tftp32d mentioned. I used ethereal and observed:

C6K-Block:65534-------->TFTP

C6K<---ACK-Block:65534--TFTP

C6K-Block:65535-------->TFTP

C6K<---ACK-Block:65535--TFTP

C6K-Block:0-------->TFTP

C6K<---ACK-Block:0--TFTP

until the TFTP site gives up

C6K<---ICMP Port unreachable---TFTP

The FTP Transfer works toward the windowsbox without a problem. By the way I transfer from the C6K toward the Server.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

oups, wrong IOS Version mentiond in intitial question. It should be 12.2(17d)SXB4 instead of 12.2(18). Sorry.

I am still thinking about the behaviour after block 65535 as well as the negotiation option to use blocks larger than 512 Byte and could need some help...

Andy