cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

to reserve one ISDN B channel if the call is inbound or outbound.

cnu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a customer that he need configure multiple ISDN B channels to achieve a 256k link (i.e. he have a router A connected to other router B with two separate BRI ports, bri0 and bri1 for routerA, bri3 and bri4 for routerB). This is possible, but he also need the two channels of the interface bri0 of ther routerA always connect to the two channels of the interface bri3 of the routerB, and the two channels of the interface bri1 of ther routerA always connect to the two channels of the interface bri3 of the routerB. I think that it´s not possible to reserve one ISDN B channel to initiate a call or to received a call.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards,

Carmen

2 Replies 2

zahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your problem description is a bit confusing. Its conflicting with the title as well. Nevertheless if

all you want is to make router A dialout on all 4 B channels and connect to router B such that you

want bri0 of router A to connect to bri3 of router B and bri1 of router A connect to bri2 of router B,

so that you have a 256K MLPP bundle between the two, then I hope the following on router A should do it :

int bri0

dialer pool-member 1 priority 100

int br1

dialer pool-member 1

int d1

dialer pool 1

dialer string

dialer string

dialer string

dialer string

~Zulfi

zahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seems like dialer strings got eaten up somehow upon submission. Here it is again :

int bri0

dialer pool-member 1 priority 100

int br1

dialer pool-member 1

int d1

dialer pool 1

dialer string Router B's, bri3:1's spid

dialer string Router B's , bri3:2's spid

dialer string Router B's, bri2:1's spid

dialer string Router B's, bri2:2's spid

~Zulfi