Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to reinitialize DB and 'cmf' is not a valid data source

intertechusa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to add devices to RME with no luck. I am running into DDTS CSCin56596 which says to reinitialize the database. Well I did once andn then I tried to import from a csv file and the device import failed again. So this time I was going to reinitialize the DB again but add the devices manually one at a time to see if that would work. Well this time I can't reinitialize the CMF database I get:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf

'cmf' is not a valid data source for the product.

Also, when I run the self test that the ODBC test fails.

In the ODBC Data Source Administrator I do not see a System DSN for cmf only rme. Is there a acript to create the dsn? I don't know what to enter if I did it manually. Or, should I re-install the whole thing since it's a new install anyway?

Thanks,

Darrick

3 Replies 3

patrsup
Level 1
Level 1

Mine looks like this:

C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf

hope this helps

pat

Thanks for the response. I get the same message with that also.

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\d

bRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf

'cmf' is not a valid data source for the product.

Do you have a System DSN entry for 'cmf' in the ODBC Administrator?

Thanks,

Darrick

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Go to CSCOpx/database/cmf and see if the cmf.db is present.  If the DB is not present, then something seriously is wrong. If you are unable to purge the db using NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf, you will need reinstall LMS. Or if you have a backup, run a restore from the last known good backup.

"If this post answers your question, please click the "Correct Answer" button"