cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to enable port

jbobnick70
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2950G-48 switch. One of the ports is disabled on it and I am unable to enable that particular port. Everytime I choose the status enable option, under port settings, choose OK and go back in to look at the port, it still says disabled. I am using the web interface to get access to the switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this. Thanks.

John

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The commands would be:

enter enable mode

conf t

int fast 0/xx (xx being the interface number)

no shut

then exit the conf t mode.

If that doesn't work then try the same procedure but with a shut before the no shut.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

can u try to get into telnet mode if its configured and try to enable that particular port ??

if telnet access is not configured try to get into console and try enabling the port ..

regds

I can get into telnet mode, but I am unfamiliar with commands. What would be the command(s) that I would use to try to enable the port. Thanks.

John

The commands would be:

enter enable mode

conf t

int fast 0/xx (xx being the interface number)

no shut

then exit the conf t mode.

If that doesn't work then try the same procedure but with a shut before the no shut.

Thank you for your help. I was able to get the port re-enabled. This port even works with the GUI interface now. Again thanks.

John

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

John,

If the port is assigned to a VLAN that has been deleted the port will be disabled.

Daniel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card