Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN Trunking on a 2621XM

tachyon47
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do a VLAN trunk using dot1q on a 2621XM running the c2600-i-mz.122-12j.bin image. It's just not letting me, claiming encapsulation is a bad command within the interface or subinterface of the Fast Ethernet port.

c2600(config-subif)#encapsulation ?

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

However, it will take "encapsulation is"--though, when I pass a show running-config after entering that, nothing shows in the config. Same with show derived-config. The only available command beginning with e which will work is exit.

Show interface FastEthernet0/0.1 shows the encapsulation as ARPA, same with the parent interface. Show vlan is also an invalid command. The interface is forced into 100mbps mode.

My question is, is there something about this version of IOS that is causing me to not have VLAN trunks and does anyone know a workaround for this? It's quite frustrating not being able to get VLANs to work when you need them to, obviously. I apologize in advance for double posting this, the first post was in the wrong forum and noticed after I clicked post.

Thanks!

Mathew Rose, CCNP A+

1 Reply 1

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes.. You need IP plus feature set. You have IP only image. Take a look at table 2 in the following page

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/50.shtml#prereq

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card