cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS bundle installation question

scottrogers
Level 1
Level 1

I have just started to install VMS onto a new server.

I already have the LMS bundle running successfuly on a separate server. My questions is this: Do I need to install RME on the new VMS server if I already have it installed and running on my LMS bundled server? In other words, do I need to be running two RME's?

Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think you're missing rmushtaq's (or Cisco's) point. I'm sure you can install lots of different parts of CW2K on the same server, most of it will probably work. Cisco's point is that they only support CiscoWorks 2000 in certain configurations and platforms, anything you do outside of that is at your own risk and they won't offer support.

Reading the original posters question and rmustaq's response, you already have LMS/RME on one server, you should be able to install VMS on a different server and point it to the LMS/RME server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Install VMS and other LMS/RWAN bundle on separate servers. Installing all on the same box is not supported.

It is not true. It's possible to install VMS and LMS on a single server. It works on Solaris and on Windows. A litle problems - installing Update 1.

I think you're missing rmushtaq's (or Cisco's) point. I'm sure you can install lots of different parts of CW2K on the same server, most of it will probably work. Cisco's point is that they only support CiscoWorks 2000 in certain configurations and platforms, anything you do outside of that is at your own risk and they won't offer support.

Reading the original posters question and rmustaq's response, you already have LMS/RME on one server, you should be able to install VMS on a different server and point it to the LMS/RME server.