Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex meeting issues

Hello, 

so I need some serious help here! Ok so not just me, but your help would be helping more then me. 

Background, ok so I am a student at Melbourne Australia’s tafe (adult education) holmesglen campus. 

Due to COVID-19 situation we have been all sent to online training!!! What a nightmare! 

So the teachers and students use an app called “pulse” which is where there must be a linking software system or something in place, whereby we go onto pulse and set a meeting up and attend. Well if only it was that simple! 

The problems 

Some teachers seem to be able to set up the meeting initially (like in advance) and then that same teacher will go back on the day the meeting is scheduled and the teacher is simply unable to get into the meeting, this issue seems to be ongoing and is a real problem! 

Today my teacher had set up through the pulse app a meeting to be at 0800hrs when they tried to start it, it wouldn’t work, the teacher tried again at 1300hrs and the same thing happened again, me having a basic idea of computers thought ok what if i start the meeting and the teacher joins in? Me and the teacher spent a good 40mins attempting to sort this out, in the end the only way the teacher could get in, was to call from a landline into the meeting, sigh of relief that we got this going at the least 

I am wondering a couple of things as this is what enters my mind:- 

1) is there a clash with any anti-virus software that could be putting a block up e.g windows defender? 

2) is there a “extra download” the teachers having issues need to download (ok so ummm say the teacher was using apple software, they downloaded the apple software update, but there was something that is on the main page that needs to be added that might not be included - ok that was a bad example, however i am extremely hopeful you reading can kinda make out what i am saying, maybe the terminology i am looking for is an extra plug in?) 

3) with the software itself, I have no idea if the tafe has signed up to the free version or paid version, I am really unable to provide this information especially from a students perspective, - but is there like a limit of people that can actually host it? (E.g ok so say there were 20 teachers who each had a class, of 30 students, does webex have a limit on how many there is at any one time? Like so instead webex “free” software is written to pick this up and puts a limit of how many can use the program from that email like address - oh crap this is sounding confusing again, - Attempt to - using the original 20 teacher and 30 students per class example - is the software designed to only have a limit of 10 teachers using it at once? ) 

i really hope someone is able to help us out, both teacher and students are ripping hair out and super stressed angry etc, 

I must add, i believe the tafe has a policy in place, that every meeting must be set up through the pulse app, (the actual platform in the pulse app is bright space) as students we have been instructed to download webex teams and webex meetings, there was no please choose a plan option, 

I would like to thank you for reading this, and i really really hope you can make out what I have said, kinda hard, i wouldn’t say i am tech savvy either, but know kinda how programs are setup and “written” as such to a basic level some of my teachers are not tech savvy, basically turn computer on hope it works turn off like any suggestions YouTube/screenshots, would be of benefit so i can pass the information on and get this all sorted (dare do I dream) 

oh and if a teacher who was having problems actually decided screw this i am wanting tech support from Cisco is there a phone number that a teacher could ring and discuss/trouble shoot with? They would be better off calling rather then using a instant message service 

From a desperate student for holmesglen Melbourne Victoria Australia 

0 Replies 0