cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What exactly is Networking Essentials?

nobitabre82
Level 1
Level 1

I go to my school sign up for it it says Networking Essentials (Network+) Form this I think ok cool ill get Net+ be easy and its a us gov wanted cert seeing how i got cisco 1-4 (ccent ccna)

I go to the class get a book Networking Essentials form cisco.... I go to class its the right book, ok not to worried it will go to my credit

The professor says yea so the information we are doing is in cisco 1.... we pull the packt tracers info, I look at most of the assessments posted it all seems to be pulling packet tracers that look at the network and doing them......

I look up on netcad seems all good the description works, aaaand form what I read there we should have a total new neticad access for the class.

thing is they totaly gutted the networking cybersec professors last year so now what?

What should I be looking at for Networking Essentials? Is it Net+ cert? should there be a netacad to go along with it? or do I just hold on to my seat and bite on something for this wild ride?

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would suggest that this question might better be asked in the Cisco Learning Network forums. Perhaps this link might point in a helpful direction

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/certifications

HTH

Rick

pmckenzie
Level 3
Level 3

Networking Essentials is a basic networking course that is the underpinning of the CCNA.

This is the description from Netacad

"Networking Essentials is a new course teaches the fundamentals of networking, it is not a replacement of CCNA and it is not a prerequisite for CCNA. It's also a great starting point for other certifications like CyberOps Associate or DevNet Associate."

There is a digital badge and cert of completion associated with this course.

The new CCNA course consists of three modules

new ccna.PNG

Hope this clarifies things for you.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" Dr Who