cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Which interface IP am I hitting?

pjrivers01
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Infoblox for IPAM and DNS and many of my sites have multiple IPs.  When I ssh to a site using the FQDN, Infoblox is using a round robin system for choosing the IP that I am ssh'ing to.  Is there a Cisco command that lets me see what IP I actually hit when I ssh to the device?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to look at this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

If you are initiating the SSH connect from a cisco device there is not a switch available which will reveal the remote end IP address.

What you could do is establish your SSH session to the infoblox, then create another SSH session to the switch and run sh tcp br, this will show you the infoblox IP address which you have connected to.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

If you are initiating the SSH connect from a cisco device there is not a switch available which will reveal the remote end IP address.

What you could do is establish your SSH session to the infoblox, then create another SSH session to the switch and run sh tcp br, this will show you the infoblox IP address which you have connected to.

cheers,

Seb.

Thank you very much.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  I did not have to ssh to infoblox, I was just looking to see what IP I hit when I connected to the router.  I changed the IPs and names accordingly.

abc123rtr#sh tcp br
TCB Local Address Foreign Address (state)
21044878 1.2.3.4.22 5.6.7.8.46964 ESTAB

I really appreciate this,

riversp01