Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X6548-GE-45AF Module Support

network_dude
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a 6509 running v8.1.(1) of CatOS. I have two Sup2 (WS-X6K-SUP2-2GE) a SFM2 and two WS-X6548-GE-45AF modules. It seems the two 6548s shut down because the daughterboard is not supported. Does anyone know what version of code will support these cards? I couldn't find anything on the internet about a supported version of code.

Thanks,

Scott

4 Replies 4

Hello Scott,

I think you need CATOS 8.3(1)GLX, can you load that and check if your cards are recognized ?

Regards,

GP

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WS-X6548-GE-45AF is first supported in 8.2(1) and later. I suggest that you upgrade to 8.4(5). Release notes has this info

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/relnotes/ol_4498.htm

Thanks guys! That seemed to do the trick...I upgraded to 8.4.(5) and the modules seemed to come up. However, now I get this error for all the modules:

2005 Nov 02 12:46:03 %MGMT-5-SYS_CONFIG_START_MOD_FAIL:Unable to start system configuration for module 6

I get this for all the modules except for the SFM2...any ideas? I'm completely new to Fabric enabled modules, this is my first time using them.

Thanks,

Scott

I have seen this and I don't think it is anything to worry about . I think this happens if you have the diagnostics set to complete and the system tries to do a config on the modules before the diagnostics are done . If you do a show mod and all show ok I wouldn't worry about it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card