Views
Helpful
Replies

x6516A blade needs re-seated in 6509

jpason4309
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have (2) 6509 switches with the same hardware setup and config, including several X6516A GBIC blades. There have been two instances over the past few months, where these switches were rebooted. Both times, the x6516A GBIC blade in Module 2 of one of the 6509's didn't come back on-line. The blade status light was amber with a "faulty" message in "sh mod". Once the board was re-seated (the 6509 stayed powered on during re-seating), the blade came right back and started working normally...status light is green and no more faulty message.

Has anyone seen this happen before? I wasn't sure if it might be a faulty blade or a faulty chasis/module slot. Our site runs 24*7*7 except for a few planned outages a year, so I am not able to easily schedule a time to test possibilities. I wasn't sure if I should try and have the blade replaced.

Thanks,

Jeff

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

As a proactive measure i would better suggest to findout the exact cause for the inactivity of your blade after reset to avoid unexpected downtime later in ur setup.Take a downtime window during off-peak hours and you can reboot the chasis with the blade installed in different slot.

That will help you out to check out whether the problem persist with the slot or with the blade..

regds

Thank you for the suggestion.

Jeff