I am using CiscoWorks for Windows v6 at a site that has a proxy server (Microsoft ISA server) providing the connection to the Internet. However, when I try to set the CCO login details and specify the proxy address, port and proxy login and password, I cannot get a connection through the proxy from within the CiscoWorks desktop.
When I use CiscoWorks at other sites that don't have a proxy server the CCO connection works OK.
Anybody have any ideas?
Please check the following in your setup.
1. Please check whether the CCO site can be reached through the browser window without Cisco Works.
2. Are you having any problems with your CiscoWorks ticker? The ticker is located at
the bottom left hand side of the CiscoWorks page. The ticker downloads the information dynamically from the CCO . So if this is not working, it means that the CW server is not able to reach cisco's site through proxy.
3. Please re check your proxy settings and also the user name/passw for proxy.
1. Yes, I can open a normal web browser window and log in to CCO. This is how I have managed to manually update some of the device packages.
2. I'm not sure I know what you mean by the 'CiscoWorks ticker'.
3. The proxy settings are correct to the best of my knowledge.
There is a known issues on this one as well..
Externally found moderate defect: Resolved (R)
CWW fails to access CCO through a proxy
hope this helps,
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately I cannot find any information on that bug ID, or a solution/workaround.
Here are some of the steps I would try in order to pin point to the problem area.
1) If possible, can you bypass the proxy and see if CWW is able to work fine ?
2) You may want to capture (sniff) the traffic between CWW and the CCO and see where its getting stuck.
If you are still not able to get anywhere, I would open up a TAC case on this to help you troubleshoot further.