cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when logging into nGenius

nicolaswatson
Level 1
Level 1

I have Ciscoworks2000 running correctly. I also have nGenius 1.2.0 installed, although it has never been used on this site. The issue I have is when the nGenius login / password is entered, I get the error message "Login unsuccessful! Could not access the Netscout Server. Make sure it is running". I have stopped and started the Application and confirmed the processes are running. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance, Nic.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

RTM 1.2 has tons of problems and you should consider upgrading it to atleast 1.3 if not 1.4 due to: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn15912.shtml

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can try doing a re-install of RTM. Make sure that during the install when you are prompted for the password, first charater of the password cannot be a number due to CSCdu67612, other wise the login will fail

jegrimm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have seen this message before when the java portion on the client is not configured correctly or the server has restarted (something to do with their implementation of Java or Java itself)...

Basically I shut down all browser windows, go to the "documents and Settings dir then to the respective user...

Delete the .java and java_plugin_appletstore from that user and then restart a browser.

You will have to go thru the download of applets again but it seems to work.

Cheers!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card