cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I clear DNA entries from OSPF database ?

ajsouthard
Level 1
Level 1

clear ip ospf 1 process

clear ip ro *

and even removing ospf completely and then restoring it does not appear to work.

5 Replies 5

ipotts
Level 1
Level 1

You could connect to it from a term serv, or one hop away, and the do no router ospf, and then paste back in the ospf config.

Thanks but like I said, even removing the config (no router ospf....) and then restoring it does not appear to clear the databse.

You're probably clearing it from the local router, but other routers in the network are keeping the LSA, and reflooding it back to the router you've cleared it off of. If it's not installing in the routing table, I'd just leave it. It should eventually clear itself.

:-)

Russ.W

Yes, you're right. It did clear eventually. Thanks.

It's an old post, but to help those who might have the same question, here are my observations

• The moment Virtual Link goes down, remote router's Type 1 LSA will be removed from DB (VL's other end)
  • This will force SPF re-calculation on all routers within an area 0 to remove all VL routes from routing table
  • You will still see DNA records in the OSPF database, but if you'll check any record in LSDB, you will notice
    "Adv Router is not reachable in Topology Base"
  • All DNA LSAs will be cleared from LSDB 60 minutes later

I know it might be confusing to still see DNA LSAs in LSDB when VL is not there, but this is how it works :)