cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Loading Issue

susheel.p
Level 1
Level 1

with TFTP i took backup of running IOS file of Cisco 1841 Router on a PC, but when i try to upload new IOS using Copy tftp: flash: (new IOS Image is stored on the same PC on which i had taken backup of running IOS Image) it gives error as mentioned in the attached Text file,

can anybody suggest what could be the reason.

5 Replies 5

susheel.p
Level 1
Level 1

with TFTP i took backup of running IOS file of Cisco 1841 Router on a PC, but when i try to upload new IOS using Copy tftp: flash: (new IOS Image is stored on the same PC on which i had taken backup of running IOS Image) it gives error as mentioned in the attached Text file,

can anybody suggest what could be the reason.

If you took the backup, I presume you have a TFTP server running on the PC.

Have you checked the file is in the home directory of the TFTP server on the PC, and that there are no Windows access restrictions on it, and no Windows filewall getting in the way? Have you downloaded stuff from the TFTP server on the PC before?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Susheel

I have looked at the file that you posted and have a couple of observations and suggestions. First I would suggest that you check and verify that the file name on the PC is exactly c1841-ipbase-mz.124-1c.bin. Many times I have seen problems with TFTPing an image that turned out to be some error in specifying the file name.

I believe that there is a significant clue about the problem in the error message:

%Error opening tftp://191.55.1.30/c1841-ipbase-mz.124-1c.bin (Permission denied)

why would permission be denied? The answer may be in the version of TFTP server that you are running. Can you check and verify that this implementation of TFTP grants permission for remote read of the TFTP directory?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I used a different TFTP software now and the Problem was resolved , thanks.

I got a similar issue with SolarWinds TFTP server that was set as read only.

Once I changed it to read/write it went fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: