cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Override DHCP for DDR

kevtown
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to enable a Cisco 1710 to do Backup DDR to a Cisco AS5200 that is also being used to provide 56K analog connectivity to remote users. The problem is that upon establishing a connection, the AS5200 assigns the line an ip address from it's dhcp pool as opposed to assigning it the static ip address it requests. Is there something I need to enable on the interface or line to make this possible?

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use the dialer-map command under the "interface group-async x" to assign static ip address to 1720 all the time..So lets say 1720 will present itself with username "cisco1720" during dialin to AS5200 and you want to allocate static ip of 1.1.1.1..Then you just need to add following command under group-async x interface

dialer map ip 1.1.1.1 name cisco1720

With that you do need "ip address negotiated" under the interface on 1720 which is dialing out.

Rest of the 56K users on AS5200 will get the ip address from dhcp with the existing config.

Thanks for your help actually I had done this and placed the dialer map under a dialer interface. The problem was that I hadn't associated the dialer interface and the asyncronous interface to the same dialer group. Rookie mistake I know. Anyway it's solved sorry to waste anyones time in posting this.