Views
Helpful
Replies

a question about ccnp security

kamran58
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys

I passed CCNA recently and I want to start CCNP security, I want to start with one of the concentration exam.Which concentration exam is easier to pass,which one is the best to start,which one has the best job opportunity, for somebody like me that have no cyber security experience. Please help me to make the best decision by answering my questions.Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CCNA Security ? then start with Core example SCOR - the start each one to go expert level. depends on the role you working.

I will give 2 years time to get expert each topic - and try all example to get CCNP, if you keen to pursue CCIE this help you.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications/professional/ccnp-security-v2.html#~exams

SCOR also help you, if you looking to go CCIE security ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

carstenlymann1
Level 1
Level 1

you asked which concentration exam is easiest to pass.. I would say the one where you have the most experience. ccnp concentration exams is not easy. They are doable without lots of experience, but takes a lot of study time.

There is the following: Firepower, ISE, Email Security, Web Security, VPN, Automation.
If you got programming experience, then maybe the automation.

If you got experience with one of the first 4, i would go with that.

VPN is more a generel topic, more than its a specific cisco device. So if you got no prerequisite, i would say vpn.

Job opportunity i dont know, and most likely also depends in the region you are from. But ISE is not going anywhere, and same with Firepower, But also VPN is going to be here forever, and is more of a generel topic

Hope it answered your questions. And good luck with your journey.  

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
/ Carsten

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CCNA Security ? then start with Core example SCOR - the start each one to go expert level. depends on the role you working.

I will give 2 years time to get expert each topic - and try all example to get CCNP, if you keen to pursue CCIE this help you.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications/professional/ccnp-security-v2.html#~exams

SCOR also help you, if you looking to go CCIE security ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your help and response.

carstenlymann1
Level 1
Level 1

you asked which concentration exam is easiest to pass.. I would say the one where you have the most experience. ccnp concentration exams is not easy. They are doable without lots of experience, but takes a lot of study time.

There is the following: Firepower, ISE, Email Security, Web Security, VPN, Automation.
If you got programming experience, then maybe the automation.

If you got experience with one of the first 4, i would go with that.

VPN is more a generel topic, more than its a specific cisco device. So if you got no prerequisite, i would say vpn.

Job opportunity i dont know, and most likely also depends in the region you are from. But ISE is not going anywhere, and same with Firepower, But also VPN is going to be here forever, and is more of a generel topic

Hope it answered your questions. And good luck with your journey.  

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
/ Carsten

Thank you for your help and advice.