cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3548 How do I define ports to a vlan

sknorr
Level 1
Level 1

How do I assign ports to a vlan? Can I assign a fastethernet port to more than one vlan? I have already created the new vlan.

4 Replies 4

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

The focus of this forum is Security however there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you.

We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/tac) or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum can provide assistance, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

jhapu
Level 1
Level 1

cchaithanya
Level 1
Level 1

You can definetly assign the fast ethernet port to more than one VLAN provided it is a trunk port or Q-Port, which is used for forwarding the traffic to diffrent VLANS based on the Tagging.

I believe the URL given in the other reply should provide you with the sufficient information.

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

hi sknorr,

i think 3548 is a stackable.. IOS based switching solution from cisco.. to assign a port to a vlan.. u have to first go that fastethernet int.. and give following command

int fa0\1

switchport access vlan

to make a port in more than one vlan

int fa0/1

switchport mode multi

switchport vlan multi 1,2

will make fa0/1 in vlans 1 and 2

hope this is helpful to u

my email is shanky@37.com

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW