cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IDS 4250s running on SunOS (Urgent)

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

Hi NetPro,

i am using Cisco IDS 4250s on SunOS platform,and first of all, i was succeeded to access the IDS Device Manager by web browser, and inadvertently i was choose the "Enable - SSH/TLS" to "NO", so after that, i cant access to the IDS Device Manager anymore. so, how do i turn on the SSH/TLS again ? i used the "sysconfig-sensor" to enable the IDS Device Manager. but, after i turned off the SSH/TLS. i cant access to the GUI based anymore.

Regards,

Jack

9 Replies 9

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

with Sysconfig-sensor, if you chose, enable ssh/tls to "NO", can you run it again and select this time to "YES"

or

run sysconfig-sensor, go to option numnber 9 or option number 11, you should find options to enable it back.

or you simply run "sysconfig-senosr" agian, go to option 6, just fill in the entries again,

at some point it will ask

Will IDM (WEB based Intrusion Detection Device Manager) be used to configure the sensor

(y/n)?

say "YES" , then save the configs and exit out.

Hope it will help

Hi nkhawaja,

thanks for replied,i followed the instruction u gave, first of all i tried the option 9 and 11. but, nothing happened. still cant access to the IDS Device Manager by web browser. so, i did try the option 6 also. everything has done. after reboot i still cant access the IDS Device Manager. ...

No,once i turned off the SSH/TLS i am unable to access to turn it enable again.

regards,

Jack

Hi,

so you are unable to get to GUI, right? are you trying via https:// ?

When you ran sysconfig-sensor, and option 6, and then you started exiting out, did it give you any message that it is starting the Web Server etc?

Thanks

Nadeem

Hi Nadeem,

yes, i used https:// , but still can not . and when in the sysconfig-sensor,i choose the option 6 and follow the instruction,and i didnt see the web server etc . but, i saw something like Starting cidwebserver. so, does it same like what u mention ? let's say, if it is same , but then i still cant access to the GUI .. i been stuck here for 3 days. hopefully, mr.nadeem can help me.

thank you in advance,

Regards,

Jack

Try to Reboot the sensor. See if that makes any difference

Hi nadeem ,

yes, i did reboot the IDS, and look nothing change. i still cant access to the GUI. and i check the "sysconfig-sensor" all the option i went through 1 by 1 .. i am completely done the step. and reboot once again. and it still the same. no much different. still can not access to the GUI. does it any command for IDS to enable the SSH/TLS (i am running on the SunOS 5.8) the command is totally different. that's y i really dont know what to do . and the day before i choose "No" enable SSH/TLS ., i access the IDS Device Manager and downloaded the Cisco IDS Event Viewer Version 3.1(1)S23 Build(29). does it helpfull ?

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Jack

do you have any contract with Cisco? Can you upgrade the sensor to 4.x code? it is much better

Thanks

Nadeem

Hi Nadeem,

yes,we've contract with cisco, and how do i upload the firmware by CLI ? and actually i am using telnet to access to Cisco IDS, so how would i load the firmware to the IDS 4250 ? it is must use the console ?

Regards,

Jack

Basically after you get the CD, you have to reimage your sensor, by putting it inthe CDROM and rebooting the sensor. then follow the instrucstions. It is very simple.