cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Works/CSA MC crawls after reinstall

bmichalek
Level 1
Level 1

I uninstalled Ciscoworks and Management Console for security agents. After reinstalling eveything the whole VMS product is super slow. Everything works fine but it takes me about 10 minutes to even log in to Cisco Works and then another 2-6 minutes for each request after drilling into the management Center. This happens locally on the Server as well as from a remote station.

Specs are not the issue here as it has 2 Gig Memory.

Anyone seen this before?

3 Replies 3

bmichalek
Level 1
Level 1

BTW, it is build 3.720

I have reinstalled everything multiple times cept for the OS which at this point I might as well.

Hello michale,

make sure you have all unnecessary services turned off.. even i had this problem.. VMS was really slowww after re-installation.. I saw that some services like DHCP,DNS,IIS were turned on.. Once I turned off all unnecessary services, the response was really fast..

just check with ur server too...

Raj

Thanks for the suggestions. The problem was the test network I had it on. If you move servers make sure you do the new MC on a live network or at least a test network with a live gateway somewhere. If the 2000 server can't connect to the default gateway that you have set it completely buckles. That and a combination of Apache really not liking no gateway mad the CSA MC almost not even work.

I was getting errors in my apache log saying to increase the ThreadsPerChild. All this from not having a live default gateway.