Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 4.5 to 5.2 migration...no workie.

astroman
Level 1
Level 1

All -->

I've copied the 'prepare_45_migration' to the MC running 4.5. When attempting to execute it, I'm prompted with an "Open With..." dialog box - the server doesn't recognize 'prepare_upgrade.csapl'.

This original CSAMC was running 4.0.3 which was inline upgraded to 4.5 about 18 to 24 months ago. We're now looking to migrate the 4.5 info to a new server running 5.2.0.245

Any help is appreciated...

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

You should be using prepare_45_migration.exe and should run it in a command window.

That should do the trick.

Tom

That's exactly what I'm doing. I've copied that file to the 4.5 MC, and am trying to simply execute it from a command prompt.

It begins, and then I immediately am prompted with an "Open With..." dialog box...like it doesn't recognize the file type.

It's specifically looking to open a file called 'prepare_migration.csapl' - when I open it with Internet Explorer, it looks like a Perl script.

Sounds like you are doing the right steps.

You may have a Perl issue.

Have a look at migration.log in the C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CSAMC\CSAMC(45?)\migration\export folder.

It may contain some clues.

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: