cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA and wireless

rschellenbach
Level 1
Level 1

I have users that are trying to use wireless Internet access at hotels. Specifically this is the tmobile solution. With the CSA agent running they are unable to connect with no logs generated. If I add the host to the test group they are able to use the service. The odd thing is that no logging is generated for any type of deny's in either case. I have looked through the rules and logging is turned on for all deny rules including the network shim. Any ideas?

1 Reply 1

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is quite strange. I searched TAC open/closed cases and the bugs and did not find anything similar.

I know the guys I work at Cisco have 4.0.2.627 CSA and Cisco VPN client along with Cisco Aironet cards, both pcmcia and mini-pci cards. They use their PCs at coffee shops and hotels and VPN with no problem.

I am not sure if the Cisco deployment has the network shim enabled, though.

In order for the Developers to help you, you may want to include the info about which wireless card and software you are using.

You may also want to let us know which CSA version you are using - easy to tell by a right-click on the flag and click on about (you probably know off-hand).

Also, have you looked at the local CSA log file on the PCs having problems? I doubt you will find anything extra there, but it is worth looking at. Look for CSALOG.TXT under the CSA install directory.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

peter