cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify Cisco ASA 4110 Air Flow Direction

lunsfordwl
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for a way to change air flow direction of chassis fans in Cisco ASA 4110. Manuals state front (interface side) to back (PS side) air flow, but I've read at least one account where a NIB 4110 had rear to front air flow (which is what I need given the hot/cold isle setup at the data center where this is placed).

Is this a software change in the chassis management, or are there different fans wired for reversed air flow? The Cisco partner we order through was unable to find replacement fans with reversed air flow and recommended Cisco TAC/forums for additional support.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the response. Cisco has also confirmed that the fans are fixed with no software option to reverse air flow or option to purchase fans with reversed air flow.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not that i am  aware FP hardware support this, i only see this option on nexus switches.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the response. Cisco has also confirmed that the fans are fixed with no software option to reverse air flow or option to purchase fans with reversed air flow.