cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS and NATting

sruzila
Level 1
Level 1

I have five offices all running 2811 routers and ASA 5510 firewalls. Each office is connected by bonded T1's using MPLS. The ASA is configured with a WAN, DMZ, and LAN ports. I want the users on each LAN to be able to connect to other offices DMZ's. I think I've over thought this and am now confused. What is the best way for each separate LAN to access it's own and the other DMZ's? No VPN's...that's why I'm using MPLS.

Thanks is advance!

SR

3 Replies 3

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need to use the "public" addresses assigned to each site by the carrier.

Public meaning the external IP block or the IP's used on the ISP's MPLS private WAN? Not to be blunt ceclark, but your reply is vague and doesn't really help. I can get myself through basic stuff but need help with what is the BEST way to have users on differant networks acess each others servers. NAT/PAT the internal IP's from each LAN and put in a NAT/PAT rule with security policy allowing incoming traffic to the various DMZ's??? Suggestions....???

Hi,

Can you please elaborate

You say that your offices are connected by MPLS. WHat are you trying to protect using asa5510. You are connected to Internet gateway or have VPN using ASA. DO you want to restrict access DMZ in all these 5 sites?

Regards