Views
Helpful
Replies

Off Topic - Issues accessing the community page

Chess_N
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Sorry for this off topic question, but I couldn't find any part of the forum where this question would fit.

I'm working for a Cisco Partner and I've always used my Cisco partner account to access cisco.com and also this community.

For some reason I discovered that my account has been banned and I can't login with it anymore. I didn't get any notice or emails explaining why my account is banned. 

The only reason I can think of, it's that I made multiple edits on one of my posts, but that shouldn't permanently ban me

The account works to login to cisco.com but not to the community pages. I am about to start a Fire Jumper course but I am not able to do that without my Cisco partner account. The account I am using now, is just a temporary account without any right to visit this Fire Jumper page for example-  https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/cisco-secure-endpoint-mssp-training-requirements/ta-p/3831587 

Has this happened to anyone else and how do I fix this? I've sent an email to web-help@cisco.com but haven't received any answers yet.

Here is a screenshot from the page when I try to login.

image (22).png

Thanks

/Chess

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

@Marvin Rhoads The issue seems to be resolved. Yesterday I sent an email to cisco-community@external.cisco.com and they were able to fix it. I am now able to login and access the FireJumper pages again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Partner-restricted sites require that your cisco.com account profile be associated with your employer who must be a Cisco partner. Check the profile of the non-working account to confirm that is the case. If it is not, then re-associate it and/or contact your company's POC (Point Of Contact) who has administrator access to the company's partner resources.

Chess_N
Level 1
Level 1

@Marvin Rhoads Thanks, I'll have a look. It's weird though that it's been working for many years and just stopped working recently.

Also, why does it says I am banned when just login to the Cisco community (this page)?

I finally got an answer from Webhelp and they have opened a ticket with Cisco IT. Hopefully they can see whats wrong and resolve it.

I have no idea why this happened. I've newer been rude when replying or asking questions in the forum and the only thing I did before the ban, was editing my answer in a post maybe 3 times in a short period.

Thanks

/Chess 

Let me know if you don't get any progress after a day or two. I can ask some contacts I have if needed.

Chess_N
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks  @Marvin Rhoads That much appreciated.

Chess Norris
Level 4
Level 4

@Marvin Rhoads The issue seems to be resolved. Yesterday I sent an email to cisco-community@external.cisco.com and they were able to fix it. I am now able to login and access the FireJumper pages again.