Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending different Syslog message levels to different servers

malcolmsalmons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm currently running a pair of PIX-515Es on 6.3(5). I'm looking to send syslog messages to different servers, say 1 and 2. What I want to do is send Level 7 (Debugging) and above to server 1 and Level 4 (Warnings) and above to server 2. At present I cant find any config that allows me to send different levels to different servers. Does anybody know or have any suggestions as to how I can do this?

Thanks in advance

Malcolm

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Can you try configuring different logging severity levels followed by the syslog server ip address ??

you can refer this link for more info selecting the severity levels either by the name or using the numbers and also the syntax invloved in configured the logging to an external host..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_system_message_guide_chapter09186a008055fd2a.html#wp1067582

regds

Hi

The PIX doesnt give me the option to configure sysog messages on a host basis.

I think I could use the commands you've referenced if I was running version 7. Unfortunately however I'm running v6 which does support the predefined logging classes for syslog messges.

Best regards

Malcolm

Sorry that should say 'doesn't suppport the predefined logging classes for syslog messages'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: