Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to download ASDM package

Abhijeet Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

I have a slight issue ongoing here. Initially when I purchased the Cisco ASA 5505 some other IT guys registered that on their own CCO ID. Now they have left the company and no one have any contact with them. 

I have enabled the SSH and I am able to login via putty/tera term but when I access my device's IP i.e. https://192.168.35.1 it gives me an error that and the page does not loads. After continuous research I found that there is no ASDM package in the flash drive. When I went to the downloads on Cisco website, it asked me the Cisco ID and I created a new one and attached the device S/N and the device was attached to my CCO login. When I go to downloads after that, it shows that I don't have a "valid service contract". 

Is there any way I can download it?

Or I am sued for my whole life by my boss?

Thanks,

Abhijeet

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You can try to look on some of the larger reseller websites such as CDW, but unfortunately I don't have any idea on the cost.  It can vary based on the feature set and the level of support your looking for.

View solution in original post

The cost of 1 year of Smartnet coverage on an ASA 5505 is US$71 (list price).

The part number would be CON-SNT-AS5K8. You will need to provide the ASA 5505 serial number in order to purchase Smartnet coverage from a reseller.

Edit / Update - this assumes a base ASA 5505. If you have SEC-PLUS or other added features, the part number and associated cost will be higher. Please validate with your reseller prior to purchase.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Nicholas Travis
Level 1
Level 1

If you try to open a case online does it show coverage on the device?  If there is a valid contract you can get your ID associated with it. If the service has expired though you will need to renew coverage before you can get the software.

Nicholas,

Thank you for your reply. I was unable to open any cases due to the fact that there is no coverage on the device. I think I will have to renew the coverage. Do you have any idea what it would be around?

You can try to look on some of the larger reseller websites such as CDW, but unfortunately I don't have any idea on the cost.  It can vary based on the feature set and the level of support your looking for.

Double post

Thank you Nicholas. This is the first time I took help from Community, otherwise I do the manual research and/or take the help from the support. But I would say that the Cisco Community support rocks!!!

Thanks again.

The cost of 1 year of Smartnet coverage on an ASA 5505 is US$71 (list price).

The part number would be CON-SNT-AS5K8. You will need to provide the ASA 5505 serial number in order to purchase Smartnet coverage from a reseller.

Edit / Update - this assumes a base ASA 5505. If you have SEC-PLUS or other added features, the part number and associated cost will be higher. Please validate with your reseller prior to purchase.

Marvin,

Thank you for your support and to the point answer. I have forwarded the quote to the concerned team and soon I will buy it for the same.

Abhijeet

Marvin: I would be cautious telling people that ASA 5505 smartnet coverage of CON-SNT-AS5K8 works for all ASA 5505s.

I found out the hard way that that smartnet (for software downloads only) is only for the bottom model of ASA5505.

The smartnet cost (just for downloads only - no tech support) can easily double when you go beyond the base model of ASA5505. 

Noted. I qualified my earlier posting.