cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

update signature problem

jrather
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to updates signatures from 3.1(S)S42 to S44. It appears to log into my FTP server fine, but I doesn't see the latest bin file.

Get the following error:

No update was downloaded. The following update events occured:

idsapply results []

Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

pcomeaux
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look for the S45 sig update released today - this may resolve your upgrade problem.

peter

S45 UPDATE DETAILS

NEW FEATURES

This signature update contains no new features.

RESOLVED CAVEATS

This signature update addresses an installation/uninstallation issue that existed in

the S44 signature update for IDS version 3.1(3). This issue did not

apply to IDS version 4.0, therefore no S45 is available for IDS version 4.0.

Check out the CSCea78860 Patch

I am applying it right now to fix the same issue you are having. There is a good write up on the readme file about the problem you are running into. I am not sure what Cisco will do if I paste any of it in the forums so I will just point you in that direction and let you see if the patch works.

Eric

sends

Thanks for the info; but that doesn't apply, since I am running version 3.1. I talked to Cisco, and it turns out that they were seeing the same problem. I ended up just ftp'ing the file over manually and then executing it on the sensor (instead of using ./idsupdate). They are looking into it. I will have probably upgraded to version 4 by the time I here back from them.

Thanks again,

John R.

mhicks
Level 1
Level 1

I have updated the IDS sensor. When I ran the update for the CSPM, the version S45 is not in the Sensor Version field. Does not appear the CSPM update for S45 is working correctly.

Any ideas?

There was a problem wit h the S45 CSPM package. Please download and try the S45a CSPM package which is on CCO.