Views
Helpful
Replies

VMS Security Monitor/Event Viewer

yasirilyas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am using VMS 2.1. I am generating reports. The problem is that I am not getting the right date for the alarms. It is showing me 3 and 4 days ahead date with all the alarms. Is there any work around to get the exact date and time when alarm are triggered. I have IDS 4250 with 3.1 Sensor Software.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

i would start by checking the time on the 4250 to make sure its the right time. I think the reports give you the time off the sensor not the time on the server.

I have checked the dates of 4250 Devices. All the dates on the devices are correct but the events are not logged with the correct date.

Hello Yasir,

Cisco recommended to use NTP server to synchronize date and time. But if you are facing problem, pls check your windows version, because CWVMS server supports only US english version or japanese. if you pls check your Win OS Regional settings, if it is wrong then change to US english. Thanks

darin.marais
Level 4
Level 4

Keep in mind that the date and time that is given in the reports is GMT and to the best of my knowledge this can not be changed. The time in the reports will be an off set from GMT and will therefore be different from the actually local time that the event was triggered.