Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1006 Processor and log

Hi everyone,

I have a ASR1006 with two Processors,is ASR1000-RP2 ,i want to know whether we can do SSO with two ASR1000-RP2 in a Chassis,and whether it is same as Catalyst engines SSO ?

If there are some logs display by "show logg" command as below:
%IOSXE-2-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: EXT2-fs error (device sda1): ext2_readdir: bad page in #862898

the R0/0 is the primary Processor? if there is a log of R0/1,whether it is represent the log from secondary Processor?
Do you have some docments about ASR1K syslog?

Thanks a lot !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
1 Reply 1

Ok, it seems that no one has given some advice, I suspect it hit the following bug:

%IOSXE-2-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: EXT2-fs error (device sda1): ext2_readd
CSCtr57275
Description
Symptom:
The failure of hard disk throws out continuous errors on the console about bad sector

Conditions:
In the rare event that a hard disk drive (HDD) fails, under some failure scenarios it can result in the system not properly handling the condition and emitting repeated sequences of the following messages to the console:

Jan 1 05:09:07.429: %IOSXE-2-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: EXT2-fs error (device sda1): ext2_readdir: bad page in #393217

.Jan 1 05:09:32.385: %IOSXE-2-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: EXT2-fs error (device sda1): ext2_readdir: bad page in #393217

Workaround:
follow these steps before open TAC case.

1. write a new file to bootflash:test and/or harddisk:test by using "copy running bootflash:test"
2. read the file "test" to see if it works by using "more bootflash:test"
3. run command "fsck bootflash:" or harddisk and make sure all errors are fixed
4. re-run steps 1 and 2.
5. if issue persists, open TAC case. Capture the console log and add to TAC case.

Further Problem Description:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !