cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Complex Routing : How to configure two active OSPF processes over a single WAN connectivity?

arvind.s.ramful
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please refer to attached schematic.

I need to advertise specific routing information to specific nodes. How can I configure two active OSPF processes over a single WAN connectivity?

Tests carried out in lab environment yield only one OSPF process as active. A possible solution in the lab environment is to have two routing instances; one using OSPF and one using EIGRP.

Service Provider Layer 3 Network supports only OSPF.

Access lists can be used to prevent traffic to the destination networks but restricting route advertisement is also desired.

Has anyone implemented something similar or can you guide me to implement this?

Thanks and Regards,

ASR

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Vitkovsky
Level 3
Level 3

Unlike in OSPFv2, multiple OSPFv3 processes can be run on a link, -but the routing info may (will “entropy principle") mix on every SP node anyways.

Alternatively you can create all VRFs on every SP router and link them with VLANs (VLAN sub-interfaces) and have each VRF running its own OSPF domain.

But frankly, by the looks of it, seems like you need MPLS L3VPNs.

adam

netconsultings.com

::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::

adam

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Adam Vitkovsky
Level 3
Level 3

Unlike in OSPFv2, multiple OSPFv3 processes can be run on a link, -but the routing info may (will “entropy principle") mix on every SP node anyways.

Alternatively you can create all VRFs on every SP router and link them with VLANs (VLAN sub-interfaces) and have each VRF running its own OSPF domain.

But frankly, by the looks of it, seems like you need MPLS L3VPNs.

adam

netconsultings.com

::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::

adam