Views
Helpful
Replies

Cyber Vision questions

ants_sec
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

we are running CV 4.1.3 and have a few sensors connected and ingesting data in CV.. working well sofar.

However i have some questions that i cannot find on the admin guides or cisco.. hope someone here can assist.

Q1 – Vulnerability updates – can this be automated to download and install? Or manual task for the time being?

Q2 – How can I backup cyber vision (I only see options to export the DB) and no option to backup the CV config itself?

Q3 – High Availability – is this supported on CV?

Q4 – Generating Reports – can this be scheduled to run say once a week etc? at the moment this also seems to be a manual task.

thanks in adv

2 Replies 2

helpcenterus
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @ants_sec!

Regarding your questions:

Q1 – Vulnerability updates: Cyber Vision typically allows for automated updates. Ensure that your system is configured to receive updates automatically, and you may want to check for any specific settings in the CV interface related to update automation.

Q2 – Backup: While exporting the database is a crucial step, for backing up the Cyber Vision configuration, it's recommended to reach out to Cisco support or consult the documentation directly as it might involve additional steps or considerations beyond what's apparent in the interface.

Q3 – High Availability: Cyber Vision does support High Availability configurations. Refer to the Cisco Cyber Vision documentation for detailed instructions on setting up and configuring High Availability.

Q4 – Generating Reports: Scheduling reports in Cyber Vision is possible. Check the report generation options within the interface; there should be a scheduling or recurring option to set up automated report generation on a weekly basis or as needed.

ants_sec
Level 1
Level 1

I got the following reply from Cisco support..

Q1 – Vulnerability updates – can this be automated to download and install? Or manual task for the time being? Not possible today but we are working on it for next year (probably 2nd half)

Q2 – How can I backup cyber vision (I only see options to export the DB) and no option to backup the CV config itself? Configuration backup will be part of March 2024 release.

Q3 – High Availability – is this supported on CV? We don’t have HA capability in CV. We rely on hypervisor HA, we support VMWARE

Q4 – Generating Reports – can this be scheduled to run say once a week etc? at the moment this also seems to be a manual task. No scheduling today. We have a new report in 4.3, there is no scheduling yet but we have API to generate this report so it can easily be scripted/automated

Questions answered..

thanks